9/2/08 - The Owl Courts, Route 66, Britton, Oklahoma.
The Owl Courts was a five-room motor court built in 1940, complete with garages for guests to park their cars while sleeping. Garages were later converted into rooms and the front office was originally a gas station. The Owl Courts operated as a motel for many years until it was converted into apartments in the early 1970s.
The Owl Courts is currently under a restoration project that includes a complete gutting of the old office-gas station building, followed by the installation of vintage wood flooring and interior walls and a pressed-tin material ceiling. The material for the project is being salvaged from other old buildings.
Plans call for it to be used as an office/shop and museum. Future plans call for the restoration of guest rooms to re-create a vintage motel. The old garage building, which was converted into motel rooms, could spring back to life as a café.