6/8/09 - Route 66, Odell, Illinois.
The often photographed historic Odell Standard Oil Station was built in 1932 and at one time sold gas at 20 cents per gallon to the many travelers of Route 66. The station served motorists until the 1960's then it discontinued selling gas and was used as a body shop until 1975. The station was neglected for years, but was saved by the Illinois Route 66 Association and now serves as a Route 66 information center. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in November, 1997.